Systematic Training for Effective Parenting
I am pleased to offer the premier parenting program founded in the traditionalist orientation of Alfred Adler: Sytematic Training for Effective Parenting. There are four versions I facilitate, please explore them each to see which version applies best to you and your family. Systematic Training for Effective Parenting, STEP, began in 1976 when Don Dinkmeyer Sr. and Gary D. McKay expanded a successful book, Raising a Responsible Child, from a book study discussion group. Since then, STEP has become the most recognized and used parent education materials in North America. With translations in Japanese, German, French and Spanish, it is also making a worldwide impact on parent education. STEP books have reached more than 4,000,000 parents and counting!
STEP is a time-tested, proven third edition of a program which began in 1976 and has reached more than 4.5 million parents - across the world! STEP covers topics important to parents today. Dynamic videos, a parent's handbook, and a comprehensive leader's resource guide together bring you the best in parenting programs. Emphasis on the building blocks -- how to handle misbehavior, discouragement, discipline, AND the problems that face every parent-teen relationship.
- Parents of children from 6 through 12 years of age.
- Seven sessions address Understanding Yourself and Your Child,
- Understanding Beliefs and Feelings,
- Encouraging Your Child and Yourself,
- Listening and Talking to Your Child,
- Helping Children Learn to Cooperate,
- Discipline that Makes Sense, and
- Choosing Your Approach
Early Childhood STEP
Parenting young children can be unusually rewarding, occasionally difficult, and always a challenge. Early Childhood STEP can help parents meet the challenge. Early Childhood STEP adapts and expands the proven principles and techniques of STEP while vividly illustrating how they can be applied to babies, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Parents of children from birth through 5 years of age.
- Seven sessions address Understanding Young Children's Behavior,
- Building Self-Esteem in the Early Years,
- Communicating with Young Children,
- Helping Young Children Learn to Cooperate,
- Effective Discipline, and
- Nurturing Emotional and Social Development
Which program is right for your family?
STEP/Teen has been helping parents build close family relationships for over thirty years! This third edition of STEP/Teen not only helps parents with everyday problems such as messy rooms, moods, and meals, it also confronts today's more complex issues-drug use, sex, gangs and depression.
- Parents of teens: ages 13 years and above
- STEP/Teen is organized into seven sessions to fit parents' busy life styles.
- Sessions address, Understanding Yourself and Your Teenager,
- Changing Your Response to Your Teen,
- Communicating Respect and Encouragement,
- Encouraging Cooperation and Solving Problems
- Using Consequences to Build Responsibility,
- Deciding What to Do-Part I, and
- Deciding What to Do-Part II
Every couple gets a Parent's Handbook that is easily understood, in a colorful style with cartoons, charts and "Points to Remember" as well as questions for discussion as well as homework/workbook assignments.